Speaking of center pieces…..
geodes + ombre wedding cake
it’s like a match made in heaven… love it to ity bity bits and pieces!
“Geek Chic” Bridal Shower Inspiration
What You’ll Need:
A 5″ x 5″ X 2″ piece of Styrofoam
2 feet ribbon (2″ wide)
3 yards of ribbon (1/4″ wide)
A 6″ x 6″ scrap of fabric
A handful of sphagnum moss
Round-headed corsage pins
A pair of scissors
1. Center your fabric face up on the Styrofoam square Fold the fabric
edges over sides of the Styrofoam and secure with straight pins. Wrap the corners neatly and pin.
2. Turn your Styrofoam over so the fabric side is down. Take your
sphagnum moss and stretch it out across the top of the Styrofoam. Be sure
that the moss completely covers the surface.
3. Cut a length of the skinnier ribbon and run it diagonally across the
mossed surface. Attach both ends of the ribbons on the sides of the
Styrofoam using straight pins. Repeat this process to create a diagonal
grid of ribbon on the top of the pillow.
4. Take your corsage pins and stick them into the points where the
ribbons intersect on the pillow top.
5. Turn the pillow on it’s side and pin the end of the wider ribbon in
the center of the side, using your straight pins.
6. Wrap the ribbon around all four sides, concealing the fabric edges and
skinny ribbon tails. Pull it tightly as you go and keep the ribbon edges
lined up with the edges of the pillow.
7. When you pass your starting point, fold under the ribbon tail and pin
it down using your corsage pins.
8. Trim off any loose moss bits.
9. Cut a 12″ length of the skinnier ribbon and tie it to the corsage pin
in the center of the pillow. Attach your rings by tying a bow.
What it costs:
Styrofoam square $.90
Corsage Pins $2
Small bag of moss $1.80
Total = $7.70